http://blogs.bet.com/news/newsyoushouldknow/?feed=rss2
Now, I am definitely not discounting the whole Jenna 6 issue, and the passion, anger, and pride I felt in the process of seeing how many of my people gathered to support those young men; but now I wish that some of those same leaders, like Al, and Jesse would rally together, take Mychal Bell in a broom closet somewhere, and whoop is lil iggnent azz....
I mean, how can you, after all these people came to your aid over such a sensitive public ordeal, then go and do something as retarded as shoplift some damn tee shirts and jeans and risk putting yourself in the public eye, thereby discrediting any credibility of character that you may have earned and virtually spitting in the face of black people everywhere?....I'm sorry that you felt you had to try and take your life because of the humiliation, but WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??
Ok, ok....I guess I'm supposed to take a step back and examine the underlying factors by which this teen felt he needed to shoplift, and consider all the pressure he's had to have been under for a long time, but why can't my people learn to take the struggles they've endured and use that as a catapult to launch into a greater existence and purpose, rather than digressing into a state that "d-whiteman" wants to see you in anyway??.....That just really pisses me off.
So, while I'm glad that you survived the gunshot, young brotha, I still say that that broom closet and that Al/Jesse beatdown should still be awaitin yo azz...Happy New Year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment